- A safe and secure environment.
- The best possible teaching in modern, well-resourced classrooms.
- A broad and balanced curriculum with a commitment to academic, cultural and sporting excellence.
- A distinctive family atmosphere, a strong sense of community and a high level of pastoral care.
- A respect for good manners, civilised standards and traditional values.
- An appropriate degree of support for those who are having difficulties or need extension work.
- Opportunities for developing leadership and citizenship qualities and for making a positive contribution to the school and its local community.
- A sense of fun, enjoyment and adventure.
"We are a country school, giving space and freedom for teaching and learning. We are a co-educational school where boys and girls can grow up together. We are a modern and forward-looking school where all who live, work and visit are made to feel most welcome."