The school is able to offer boarding for up to 10 x Girls and 10 x Boys per night from Monday to Thursday during term time. This opportunity is open to children from Year 4 upwards (younger siblings below Year 4 can be accommodated by special arrangement).
The dormitories are located within the main school building above the House Parents and Headmaster's private accommodation. Parents can choose either Flexi-boarding or an overnight stay.
- Flexi-boarding - The same night or nights booked on a regular basis
- Weekly boarding - Monday through to Friday
- Overnight option - Any number of nights booked on an ad-hoc basis
A satisfied current parent recently wrote:
“I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know what a fantastic job a host of teachers did looking out for our children last week as they had their first boarding experience, over three nights, allowing us to leave the country for a milestone wedding anniversary."
The House parents Mr Gray and Miss Keel are responsible for all bookings and care of the children after school hours. Supper and breakfast are eaten together, with boarding staff at the same tables, in the Lighthouse dining room. Meals are prepared by one of our chefs from Thomas Franks Catering.
Regular evening activities run by the Hall Grove gap students include: tennis, judo, football, cycling, outdoor pursuits, wide games, magic, cookery, dance and drama. There are occasional themed evenings and outings.
The overall boarding experience provides an excellent opportunity for your child to experience staying away from home in a safe and familiar environment and to prepare them for school residential trips or boarding at senior school.
Please click here (link to My SchoolPortal) to complete a boarding request form.
Boarding at Hall Grove has many benefits:
- Living together enables pupils to learn about social interaction, teamwork and their responsibility to each other, whilst ensuring safeguarding measures are followed throughout.
- To provide pupils with a flexible extension to the school day.
- To provide additional opportunities for pupils to enjoy the school’s sporting and cultural amenities.
- To provide supervision for evening study and music/drama practice.
- To provide pupils with a worthwhile experience of boarding community life in preparation for senior school entry.
Please click here to see our Statement of Boarding Principles & Practice.
Before school: The Boarding House runs a Breakfast Club where children can be dropped off at school from 0715 to join the boarders in the dining room for a hot cooked breakfast, followed by supervised time until the start of the school day.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of Boarding please contact the Houseparents Barnaby & Mandy via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr B Gray
Head of Boarding